Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Habitat for Humanity Volunteer Recognition Event

Last night Blaine was my date for the NAHFH Volunteer Recognition Event at the club level of Titan's LP Field. It was a wonderful event, and it was my job to thank the committee members. For those committee members who were not there, here's my thank you speech (pep rally style):

My name is Janey Warmbrod and most of you know me as the Nashville Habitat 2007 Board Chairman. What most of you don’t know is that I was a cheerleader in high school, and this is my chance to lead a cheer at an NFL stadium, so I am gonna take it and demand some crowd participation at the end of my thank yous!

It’s my job this evening to thank our many committee members. I am actually surprised to see them here this evening, since this event wasn’t listed in their workplans for the first quarter 2008.

I really wanted to thank the Executive Committee, but I couldn’t get unanimous email approval from all 5 members for my remarks, so that will have to wait.

Instead, I will start with a thanks to the safety committee, who wanted me to be sure that everyone knows there are exits to the front and rear of the assembly area in case of emergency.

And a thank you to the family selection committee, for the gift of homeownership is a bigger present than even Santa can deliver! And at the same time, thanks to the Delinquency committee- no you are not the Grinch who stole Christmas Committee, but rather the opposite! You ensure that homeowners stay focused on protecting their biggest wealth building asset.

And to the Golf Classic Committee- it was all birdies and eagles this year- what an amazing fundraising event- our hats off! And from what I hear, Tom Curl did not hit his driver into the group in front of him even once, so it was an all-round success.

And to the Administrative Committee, whose policy and procedure manuals further define the 10 Commandments- this, at least according to the Faith Relations committee who also deserves a big pat on the back.

And a Hip Hip Hurray to the development committee and capital campaign steering committee, for putting the ‘fun’ in fundraising with events like Honky Tonk Angels and an Evening with Tim & Faith.

To the home store committee and their deconstruction efforts for taking houses apart and to the construction committee for putting houses together. And to the rebuild committee for taking houses apart AND putting houses together.

And to the family support committee, the community relations committee, and the Dickson committee, you are truly the best at what you do (at least until Kanye West decides to go into non-profit).

And, finally, to the finance committee, who allocates funds for all of the important things- like Volunteer Recognition Events which keep the volunteer relations committee busy!!

A Big Ole’ Boo- yah to all of you!

And finally, to those committees that I may have inadvertently forgotten, let’s do that cheer now (Lead crowds in ‘2 bits, 4 bits, 6 bits, a dollar, all for Committees let out a holler!!)

Thanks again to all of the committee members for all that you do!

Blaine was playing around with the video feature on my cell phone last night, and I thought it would be great fun to see if I am talented enough to get a video off my phone into this blog. Thanks to a little search from google this morning and trusty youtube, voila! You can't hear it, but you can see us 'get our cheer on' at LP Field last night.

No comments: