Monday, August 4, 2014

Charleston- Our Texas Home Makeover Post #17

THE BEFORE
The foyer looked fine in the MLS listing:

...but the door is very old and the prior owner's dog tried to chew his way out of both windows:
We're still in awe of all the wood the dog destroyed!  We have replacements for all of it on the work plan, but it will be quite awhile before we get that far down the list!

THE CURTAINS
I had two green voile panels from another project available- think Annie Sloan Antibes green.  I pondered using them in the foyer to hide the damaged windowsills until they are replaced.  These panels were only $11 on clearance from The Company Store so I really wanted to make them work!

You cannot go wrong with these ring top curtain panels from The Company Store... You can get lucky and find them at 50% off of the clearance price if you catch them right.

OUR BELOVED CHARLESTON

We love Charleston so very much!  My sister and I taped the North & South miniseries when we were kids and we watched it over and over and over again! 
Tommy took me to the plantation where North and South was filmed on our 1996 Charleston honeymoon... It did not  disappoint.  

Anyway, I already had prints from my Charleston honeymoon flanking the foyer windows:

Rainbow row...

Our favorite Charleston dream houses...

Once I hung the green panels- just to try them out- I could really see a Charleston palette coming alive in the foyer, and I decided to go for it!  

Tommy drove me to Lowes, and we spent $3 on this sample of Valspar Rolling Sea:
And here we are now with our Charleston-inspired foyer:
We are no longer in a hurry to replace the door, and the gnarly trim is no longer staring me in the face.  We love it.

Curtain rod (Big Lots) $9
Paint and paint roller $5
Voile panels $22
Rug $25

Total foyer makeover: $61



The light shining through the curtains in the morning is gorgeous!  










No comments: