Friday, April 1, 2016

Vizsla Pup- week 9

Baby girl is home!!! Chewing consumes her waking hours- thankful for bully sticks!

Saint Lucia (Luci) flew home to be with us in Texas at 9 weeks old. 
We are both newbies at dog training, but here's some of what we accomplished week 1.
Bird dog owns me when she puts on her business face!  

We started target training (touching her nose to my hand).  We are also working on rewarding her for making eye contact.  Somewhere along the way she decided that she would sit and look me in the eyes when I cross my arms in front of me so I just went with that as a signal.


Achievements:
-Getting very comfortable in home and yard setting- no longer scared of wind chimes
-Comes to a target hand
-Makes eye contact on signal
-Housebroken almost instantly
-Great with off/wait/take commands
-sleeps in crate all night

Problem/ work areas:
-Jumps like crazy when meeting & greeting
-Strong-willed on leash-- pulls & bites leash
-barks and jumps at me to insist on continuing rewards for good behavior
-no eye contact and won't take treats when on leash in new setting
-learning not to jump/ bite at Drew
-eating quail wing instead of dropping it

LOVES-
Fetching games
Chew sticks (bully sticks)
Squeak toys
Finding & Retrieving quail wing from shrubs 
Hammock & lap time
Learning new commands




No comments: