Thursday, September 4, 2014

Game Room Sneak Peek- Our Texas Home Makeover Post #21

Here's a sneak peek at what is going on in the family game room.  This room is the main family area on the main floor.  In this room, there's a pool table and two TVs with gaming systems... It's designed so the kids have a place to hang out with their friends. 

BEFORE

As per usual, I don't have a before pic, but I snapped a quick one while the painters took the walls from dark grey to white.  Dark floors and dark walls made for a dark, dungeon-like family game room.  It needed brightness and color.  

INSPIRATION
AS I tackled the family game room, I was still obsessed with flor.com... I love this crazy carpet!  However, I was still obsessed with spending as little as possible.  Don't ever put anything expensive in a room where 'tweeners hang out!  

Since this is just a sneak peek, I'll save the details for a future post.  Here's the sneak peek:

Zebra bean bags from Big Lots.  Gamers love bean bags...bean bags...the only request that my boys made when consulted about decor.  

The boys don't care that I used a floral rug.  The color scheme seems strangely familiar to them because...
Drew's neon green/ teal/ peach Adidas inspired the color palette.  As soon as I put up curtains the color of their favorite Nike Elite socks, I earned their favor.  

And the side by sides:






No comments: