Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Boo Cat Goes Green!! Nashville Habitat- Energy Star Excellence!!

Pictured, Boo Kitty, relaxed and comfortable with his carbon footprint

Coming home from my lunchtime workout at the Y, I was thrilled to find that Boo Kitty has FINALLY gone green! I am sure he misses those crinkley bags from the grocer, but those are scarce in this house. The Warmbrods went green earlier this year- we use environmentally friendly shopping bags, we renewed our commitment to recycling, and we even take our extra hangers back to the dry cleaner!

Just minutes after I snapped this picture of Boo Kitty, I got an email that Nashville Habitat won a national Energy Star Award this year:

"EPA AND HUD NAME NASHVILLE AREA HABITAT FOR HUMANITY AS A RECIPIENT OF
THE 2008 ENERGY STAR® AWARD FOR EXCELLENCE IN ENERGY-EFFICIENT AFFORDABLE HOUSING"

Three cheers to Boo Kitty and Nashville Habitat for making the world a greener place!

No comments: